Tuesday, November 7, 2006

The Psalms

In my bible along these verses it reads:
The Fortunate People.
Who are the most fortunate people in the world? The psalmist tells us it's those who know the true source of joy and make it a practice to consciously rejoice in what they know. Ethan the Levite models this for us in all the preceding verses. To recall the astounding works of the Lord leads inevitably to spontaneous praise and exultation in his righteousness. We have a choice about where we will place our focus (Phil. 4:8). The psalmists show us not only that God demonstrates great compassion toward us when we are sunk in the mire of a negative perspective, but also how blessed we are when we learn to focus on God's attributes and works.

This put a huge conviction on me and how I've been acting lately. How much do I really reflect on the attributes of God? I think my worship has weakened because I fail in doing this daily and I am missing out on the joy he has had for me because my focus has been mostly on communication to God, not that this is a bad thing to have in my life it's been great but not all that was intended to be between me and God. We (I) say he is worthy of all our praise but what am I allowing my capacity to grow when I don't reflect on the great things of God or don't focus on them? How will my faith grow? I am challenged in this today and I just encourage you to think about who the God you are serving is. Wouldn't it make our days a little bit more exciting?

No comments: