Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Discovery Time

For those of you who haven't heard I got a new job in a daycare center and I am loving it! I know it sounds like a lot of work and pretty exhausting, and it kind of is, I just haven't really noticed that part of it yet. The kids there are coming from some pretty rough homes. There are like 3 kids whose parents are together, and the others only have one parent. One of the boys doesn't even know who his dad is and every time a male comes into the center he calls him daddy. There are some pretty sad situations. I asked one of the little girls yesterday what she had learned in school and she said "the Jesus loves me", so I thought that was pretty neat. We also have a kid whose from the Netherlands, so he has been speaking dutch to me every once in a while. His parents remind me of Denmark sometimes, with how they dress and speak:) Anyways I love it!


No comments: